Magento is a dream platform if you want start your eCommerce store since it provides the best shopping cart. But there are several mistakes that people do when it comes to SEO in Magento. These kinds of mistakes can cost your business dearly and you will lose out on search engine visibility.
Here’s a list of steps that you must do to get SEO in Magento working. When you are done with all of these, you will find more and more organic traffic coming to your website.
- You need to be a bit advanced by installing the latest version of Magento for better results.
- After you are done with Magento installation follow the described path => System => Configuration => Web => Search Engine Optimization.
- When you are there on Search Engine Optimization tab then click on “URL option” and then set the “Add Store Code to URLS” to ‘No”. This will prevent the source code from mixing with the new URL codes.
Mistakes to avoid for better SEO in Magento
- Home page: – People tend to keep their home page titled as home but to get better rankings you need to rename it to something similar to your business or service.
- Logo and title: – Making substantial use of Logo and Title at appropriate locations will help you in drawing more attention and a better optimization.
- Convenient navigation: – Navigation is an important aspect, you need to have smooth navigation through the pages on your site and you need to have better navigation between product pages.
- Building a Sitemap before you submit it to search engines: – Creating a sitemap and checking it before submitting to search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo can help you in creating a good reputation in the eyes of search engines.
- No Plagiarism: – Publishing only good, grammatically correct, Fresh and unique content on your website helps you attracting more recurring customers and users. Using plagiarized content on your site will lead to suspension from the database of search engines like Google and Bing.
Using these options you can customize your Magento CMS website for better search results. SEO has provided entrepreneurs with the requisite boost for the e-commerce. SEO helps an e-commerce business rank higher in search engine results. Magento like mentioned above is the smoothest and easiest CMS so, just with little efforts you can start getting rich returns!