Magento Installation. There are two methods of installation of Magento to begin online business. The fastest and easiest is use of cPanel. This enables quick installation in a fraction of the time of manual installation.
1. Access the cPanel on the computer. It is located on the lower potion of the cPanel below Domains.
2. Expand the Ecommerce category to the left, clicking on the Magento link. From there go to Magento installation page. Re-direction to the auto installer’s home page is provided.
3. On the left side, a menu of categories is provided. Information is listed on Magento application, the features provided and installation. Proceed and hit, “Install.”
4. The most imperative step is changing automatic fields for your protection. Default will set the “Admin Username” to administrator. This should be fixed so attackers are unable to identify username based on the administrator’s information.
5. “Admin Password” should be revised. It will be randomly set otherwise.
6. “Admin Email” is necessary to provide, so the application will be able to provide a new password should the user not be login to the account.
7. Add first and last name. Give your real one here.
8. Access. cPanel will install Magento in a Magento sub-folder unless otherwise set up. To enter the website through the owner’s domain name, the Magento string must be deleted from the directory field.
9. Installation. Proceed to the end of the page and hit “Install.” From there the user will be re-directed to a new page. Information will be provided on details of what has been set up.
10. Login. Login and create Magento website.
Manual installation of the Magento site also involves following a few steps.
1. Download Magento Installation package from Magento’s website.
2. Upload the installation package on user hosting account through cPanel using File Manager or an FTP client.
3. To make Magento the primary domain, extract content of installation package in public_html folder.
4. For Magento to be a subfolder extract to public_html/store/. Once uploaded,it can be FileManager.
5. Create MySQL database and assign a user to it through cPanel/MySQL databases. Retain details for script installation.
6. Go through the installation process. Following upload and extraction MySQL database is established. Continue to http://yoursite.com/store.
7. Next click to agree to terms and conditions provided.
8. Set time zone, locale, currency.
9. Continue to database details. Provide database name, username, password, leaving the remainder to be filled in automatically.