Before continuing, make sure you have all the prerequisites, required for running Magento 2, below are system requirements
1. Apache Version: 2.2 or 2.4
2. PHP version: 5.5.x, where x is 22 or greater
3. MySQL Version : 5.6.x and upper
1. First and easiest way is to download the Magento installation package from official Magento site https://www.magentocommerce.com/download (Install from archive file – In this installation Magento core code is stored under /vendor directory and updating is possible through Magento admin.)
See below screenshot
2. Create one folder and Unzip in and put it under C:\xampp\htdocs\FOLDER_NAME
3. Create a MySQL Database for Magento2 form phpmyadmin.
4. Go through the Magento installation process, below is the first screen
Click on button Agree and Setup Magento
Click to start Readiness Check button to move forword
If all the requirements are ok then it’ll show tick mark for that, click on Next button
Here add all the fields properly as mentioned, host, Database Username and password, database name, Table prefix, etc
and continue with the next button.
In this step it’ll ask for your store’s admin url.
5. After successful installation you will get this page
6. Your frontend will look like this
7. Your backend will look like this